Saturday, April 2, 2011

A little shelf, A big improvement

I did a little update/finishing of the entry way from the garage that I started HERE. I liked how it turned out in both function and style, but it needed a little more. When I originally bought the moldings, I tried a lot of different pieces to create a little shelf on the top, but nothing worked right. As with most creative projects, I put it on the back burner until I was ready to tackle it again. A few days ago I was in to mood to have a go at "building a little shelf" and headed to Menards and found the pieces I needed. I picked up a 1x2 inch piece of pine and a 1/2 inch piece of quarter round. Simple, I know.

Here is the coat hook moldings before.

Here are the two new pieces are added to the top and there's painter's tape around it ready to be primed and painted.

And here is the final shot sporting some art work by our very own in house artist, Rebecca.


I love it and it's not far off from my inspiration picture found HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! I've had the same problem with nowhere to put our hats and mittens - I've just been using a galvanized bucket which has been working pretty well! (Although I'm hoping to upgrade to a big Redwing Crock when and if I can ever find one that's not outrageously expensive :)

    ReplyDelete