Thursday, April 28, 2011

A few little projects

I never really knew the power of spray paint until reading Young House Love (my FAVORITE blog). They have a way of transforming a blah thing into a new piece of art with just a can a spray paint. So I thought I'd give it a try with a few things I had around the house. Nothing dramatic, just a little refreshing.

The first is a cardboard oval box that I've had for years. It sits on the top of our dresser and holds lotion, deodorant, and other bottles. It's never matched the room and I've never really cared, but what harm could a little spray paint do?
After
Before


















The next is a picture frame that we've had and not used for awhile. Spray painting frames is not new to me, but I was unsure if I wanted to use this frame for a project. When I took out the glass, it broke - so there was no harm in painting it since I couldn't use it as a picture frame anyway. The center red fabric is covering a cork board. I plan to hang in it the kitchen again.
Before
After, with Rebecca and her bubbles.


















The third was a basket that we have used as a "catch all" in our kitchen. It has it's own counter top now that the microwave is above the stove and I thought it would match a little more if it was a different color.
Before
After









The basket in action.
What do you think? Does a little spray paint help? What is the craziest thing you have ever spray painted?

1 comment:

  1. Nice changes. I feel like I remember the oval cardboard box because of the random airbrush painting. I guess if I remember it from many years ago a change is good right?

    I love that you are blogging more!

    Your food posts inspired me to make homeade potato soup without sticking to an official recipe. I had leftover ham from Easter, and the soup turned out GREAT. I think it tastes like Panera's potato soup.
    Keep posting, I love the ideas.

    ReplyDelete