Friday, October 3, 2014

Blake-isms

It's so fun to listen to a 2 year old learn how to talk and try out new words and phrases. Blake has such a personality and it's hilarious to listen to him try and express it through words. Here's a few of our favorites:
He's trying to feed me a pretzel - the only way I could get him to look at me.
Blake: "Buckle self up me! Buckle self up me!" (When he thinks he can buckle his own car seat, which he cannot, no matter how loud he yells.)

Blake: "Go on walk! Go on walk!"
Me: "Why do you want to go on a walk?"
Blake: "Because I say so!"
(Obviously he's heard that phrase a few times before.)

Blake: "What you doing mommy?"
Me: I tell him whatever I'm doing at the time..."I'm folding laundry."
Blake: "Folding laundry, no fair!"
(He says "no fair" to almost anything and most of the time it makes no sense, but it's so cute. Obviously he's heard Rebecca say that phrase way too much!)

Me: "Blake get back in bed!"
Blake: with the most mischievous smile "No, you!"
(It's really hard not to laugh at him when he's naughty because he's so cute!)

Me: "Blake stop doing _____ to your sister." (usually its pushing/kicking her away from his stuff)
Blake: "Manna likes it! Manna likes it!" (he calls Brianna, Manna)

Me: "I need to go now and you are going to stay home with daddy."
Blake: with a really sad face "Mommy, you're going to miss me."

It's a joy to be his parent! Sometime I'll have to blog about his need to organize things :)



No comments:

Post a Comment