Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A little too organized?

In my last post I mentioned how Blake loves to organize things. This started at a pretty young age and has continued and has become more obvious all over the house. I just walked around the house this morning and took a few pictures of his organizational skills at work. I even caught him in the act!!
He likes to line up the magnets on the dishwasher. Brianna messes them up daily and he just puts them back.
When building blocks he always color coordinates.
He likes to line up the DVDs on the tv cabinet.
See what I mean about color coordinating? He does this constantly with Legos.
This is his bear which almost always has to be flat on his bed. Sometimes he can't get it flat enough and says, "Bear not working, Bear not working!'
This is a very common sight. We all just toss our shoes, but Blake has to put his neatly together and usually in the corner of the carpet. He'll "fix" them too, if I do it wrong. 
See those two little guys? They didn't just fall there.
And this is what Blake was doing just as I started taking pictures. Arranging the cards in various different ways. 



At this point Dan and I just get a kick out of his need to organize. He never throws a fit if things aren't just so or becomes inconsolable if something is out of order so we aren't too concerned about this behavior. 
Hopefully these skills will be put to good use some day. One time he lined up all the books on the floor and I thought that he might be very good at laying tile or brick some day. I just hope it doesn't get worse as he gets older - I've had a few flash backs to senses from a movie when you know the killer is in the house because all the towels stripes are lined up! :)  
We love watching our little Blake grow and learn and his little quirks just make him that much cuter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment