Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Granola

Here is the granola recipe that my mom makes. I think this is only the second time that I've made it, but I have no idea why? It's so easy and good - I should really make it more often.

Granola
6 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried milk
2/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup oil

Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine honey, oil, water, and vanilla. Pour over dry mix and stir until everything is evenly moist. Divide granola into 2 baking pans and bake at 325 F for 45 minutes, stirring after every 15 minutes.

Let granola cool and store in an air tight container. As it cools is gets crunchy and will clomp together - just break it apart carefully. This granola is great with milk, yogurt, and even ice cream :) Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. We really like it with fresh sliced strawberries.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a coincidence! That's the exact same recipe I got from my sister-in-law. :-)

    When I make it I use walnuts instead of pecans. I like it with French vanilla yogurt.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, you're sharing a secret family recipe on the internet? ;o) I'm glad you are; I remember having some at your parents' house when I was in town for Tulip Festival a couple years ago. (okay, maybe 8 or 9 years ago). Thanks for sharing! --Heidi

    ReplyDelete