Tuesday, October 2, 2007

English proverb

No pictures today. If I were to post one it were be of me in deep thought; like I always am.

Do you agree with this English proverb?

-The absent are always wrong.-

To me it depends much on the situation. At first I agreed with it completely thinking that if you don't appear at a meeting to voice your opinion then you are choosing to keep quiet and allow others to be right. Though I also believe in the saying, "it is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Sammuel Clemmens (Mark Twain).

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. i guess it would depend on your definition of absence. is it no physical presence or not caring about a situation you are in?

    if it is not caring then i would agree - when you are not focused on where you are at or what you are doing then you create a disfunction. Matt. 6 talks about worrying; when you worry you are focused on the future or past - things that you can't change. Jesus tells us that is not 'right'.

    but if you define it as physical absence, then i wouldn't agree. Christ is not physically present, yet He always seems to be right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the absent might not know all the details about what is actually going on. The only way they might know is word of mouth and that can easily be skewed.

    ReplyDelete