Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Banana Bread

I feel like I've been going "bananas" the last few days (I'll post more about that later this week) and the bananas on my counter have been going bad. So this morning (yes, I'm a day late again with my recipe) I decided to make a bunch of banana bread and muffins. I got this recipe from my mom and I doubled it twice to use all my rotten bananas.

Banana Bread
1 3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 cup mashed banana
1/3 c. margarine
2 T milk
2 eggs
nuts (optional)

Cream together banana, margarine, milk, and eggs. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add nuts if you want. Makes one loaf pan or 12 reg. muffins. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins. or until knife comes out clean. Let bread cool for about 10 minutes and then remove from pan to finish cooling.

2 loaves of bread and large muffins. There is one more loaf in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment