Saturday, October 31, 2009

Costumes

Curious George and sidekick The Man in the Yellow Hat.

Dan had to dress up for work on Friday so I decided to make two costumes that went together. We didn't officially trick-or-treat, but we did make a few stops on Friday night to show off the costumes to some neighbors and family.

I actually had a lot of fun making these. I thought about them a lot throughout the week, but didn't take action until Thursday night. We took a trip to the thrift store and Wal-mart and got all the supplies. I dyed the pants and tie fabric yellow, the shirt was already that color. We also spray painted the hat yellow. For the monkey suit I found brown leggings and a shirt with brown sleeves and bought brown fleece for the hoodie. I didn't have a pattern, but used one of Rebecca's hooded sweat shirts and a guide. I actually surprised myself at how well it turned out.

Lots of fun for all!

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo cute. I love the idea and your family fits the part perfectly:) It is amazing that you made them. We took the year off from dressing up. I am just handing out candy.
    I was very impressed by your cereal deal too. NICE WORK:0

    ReplyDelete