Monday, May 4, 2009

the weekend

We had a really great weekend. The weather was beautiful and we got a lot accomplished!

I finished another graduate class on Friday night which was a great feeling. I still need to write my final paper and send that in to my professor, but that shouldn't be to hard. Saturday, Rebecca and I went garage sale shopping with Carol. We had a good time, but we totally struck out when in came to finding clothes for Rebecca. There wasn't a single sale that had clothes her size!

Later on Saturday I mowed the lawn for the first time this spring - I love mowing! Rebecca took almost a 4 hour nap so I also was able to trim trees, bushes, and just clean up the yard. Then Dan and I cut down 7 pine trees in the front yard. We have a nice wind break, but some of the trees have become very diseased and needed to be replaced. It will be quite a few years before the new trees make a difference in the winter, but we did plant 8 new trees as replacements.
On Sunday we enjoyed grilled T-bones on the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment