Monday, August 20, 2007

Progress

We finally have a baby room somewhat together!! We still have 3 weeks to go, but I am ready to have this baby any day now. Dan and I went shopping for baby furniture on our 3 year wedding anniversary and found a beautiful crib and dresser at Baby Depot. Two weeks ago my mom came to visit for 3 days and sewed a gorgeous quilt, curtains, and dust ruffle. She even made some mattress pads and sheets for the crib and cradle. We got a lot done in a short amount of time. There are still plenty of finishing touches to do in the room, but it's stocked with diapers, wipes, and clothing. The "extra" stuff can wait for a while.

Did I mention that mom and I made this quilt up from scratch? Here was the process. We picked out wooden animals at Micheal's to use as pattern pieces. We blew them up on the copy machine and mapped out the quilt on grid paper.

Then we picked out fun and tectured material to make each animal look like the wooden one.


Then mom amazingly sewed it all together into a beautiful quilt!
Here are all the finished projects together in the baby room.This final picture is me at 37 weeks. Like I said I'm ready to have this baby in our arms!

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe i missed you whole pregnancy! sarah, you look beautiful.

    i miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah! You are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete