Sunday, November 24, 2013

Candy Cornucopias

Thanksgiving is later this week and we all have so much to be thankful for. Here is a fun way to show others you are thankful for them.

I saw this idea first on Pinterest - soak the tip of a sugar cone in water and bend it up. Here's my take on it - just a little different. I didn't have sugar cones, but I did have waffle cones left over from Rebecca's birthday so I thought I would give it a try.

 I tried soaking the cone in water like I saw on Pinterest, but that didn't work. The cone just got slimy and
still didn't bend. I had the idea of putting the cone in the microwave to see if it would soften up and - BINGO it worked. I found that 20 seconds on high was just right for being able to bend the end of the cone. After shaping the end the way you want, you have to hold it in place until it cools and gets hard again.

For the candy mix, I used candy corns, candy pumpkins, and Reece's Pieces. Fall colored M&Ms would work great too, but I couldn't find those in the store. Fill the cornucopia with candy and use a candy bag or plastic wrap to cover it and keep the candy in place.


I finished them off with a gift tag that I found HERE - free printable. They turned out so cute and I look forward to giving them to a few special people!




No comments:

Post a Comment